- 2 envelopes Knox Unflavored Gelatine
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract*
- Confectioners/Powdered sugar
Put the water in a saucepan. Sprinkle the gelatin over the cold water. Wait 1 minute while the granules separate. Stir the mixture over medium heat until the gelatin completely dissolves. Add the sugar, corn syrup, and the vanilla.
Put the mixture in a mixing bowl. Mix the mixture for 15 minutes on high or until the volume of the mixture increases significantly and the mixture is similar to a soft marshmallow sauce.
Line a 13-inch x 9-inch x 2-inch baking dish with parchment paper. Lightly grease the paper. Evenly spread the mixture in the dish. Wait for the marshmallow to set, about 4 – 12 hours.
Dust a cutting board with confectioners sugar. Cut around the edges of the marshmallow with a knife. Flip the baking dish over the cutting board. Put the upside down baking dish on the cutting board. Remove the parchment paper. Use a pizza cutter to make 1-inch x 1-inch marshmallows. Coat the marshmallows with confectioners sugar.
* Vanilla may be substituted with different extracts.
Blox Of Fudge
- 4 envelopes Knox Unflavored Gelatine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate pieces (chips, morsels, chunks… )
Put the water in a saucepan. Sprinkle the gelatin over the cold water. Wait 1 minute while the granules separate. Stir the mixture over medium heat until the gelatin completely dissolves. Add the chocolate pieces. Stir the mixture until the chocolate completely melts, about 5 minutes. Pour the mixture in a 9-inch x 9-inch baking dish. Chill the mixture until the mixture is firm. Cut the set mixture to make 1-inch x 1-inch blox.
- Rocky Road Blox: add chopped nuts and marshmallow sauce (recipe above)
- Cherry Fudge Blox: add 1/2 cup chopped maraschino cherries
Download The Recipes:
1. The Knox Gelatine Cookbook (New York: The Benjamin Company, Inc., 1977), 23, 100.