Oops! I pressed the wrong button. I did not want to rub anyone the wrong way. This blog post was published early. Baked eggs in cream are very good. The delicate flavor of the herbs radiate in the flavor of melted hard cheeses. I used gruyère and parmesan. This should invite people to appreciate French cuisine.
- Boil the water in a saucepan
- Put the butter in a ramekin
- Break the eggs into a bowl to observe imperfect eggs and slide them in the ramekin if they are acceptable
- Sprinkle the eggs with chives
- Season the eggs with salt and pepper
- Drizzle the eggs with cream
- Sprinkle the eggs with cheese
- Put the ramekin in a baking dish
- Pour boiling water in the baking dish to a height 1/2 the height of the side of a ramekin
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil (optional)
- Bake the eggs until the whites of the eggs are firm and the yolks are still soft and runny (if they were broken), about 10 minutes
- Cook the eggs 1-2 minutes longer to have firmer eggs
Download The Recipe:
1. Marlena Spieler: Williams–Sonoma Paris: Authentic Recipes Celebrating the Foods of the World (San Francisco: Oxmoor House, 2004), 95.