Note: 1) after covering the crust with foil, consider not reducing the temperature of the oven, 2) the liquid in the pie may be butter, 3) consider lining the oven rack with foil to prevent pie filling from dripping on the bottom of the stove
Happy New Year! (:
I used to have pie a la mode with my family when I was young. This is the first pie that I have made in more than 20 years. This pie has great flavor. This recipe did not require someone to make caramel or butterscotch, but since the pie was filled with liquid, I will probably have to find a different recipe. I will probably be using one of Thomas Keller’s apple pie recipes to create a new recipe. His pie crust recipe is exciting and reliable. I used a microwave to defrost the crust because I wanted to soften the crust before I rolled the crust. I defrosted the crust for one minute, turning the crust over in 15 second intervals.
This ice cream was very exciting. When I multiplied the recipe by 0.80, I discovered that the recipe uses 1 pint of cream and 1 pint of half and half. This discovery made the recipe less costly and more convenient to use. The flavor was great. I believe that ice cream only has good flavor when it is just about to melt. I confirmed this belief when I made this ice cream. I plan on using a microwave to defrost this ice cream (using 15 second or less intervals).
Pie And Ice Cream
Making The Ice Cream
Making The Crust
Making The Pie
Download The Recipes:
Southern Living Granny Smith Apple Pie (Raw Mixture Is Exciting: 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg, 1 tablespoon lemon, 1 pinch table salt)(Cooked Version Is Exciting After Pie Cools: 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, 1 tablespoon lemon, 2 pinches table salt)
Thomas Keller Pie Crust Recipe
French Vanilla or Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream 
1. Thomas Keller: ad hoc at home (New York: Artisan, 2009), 338.
I am very excited and happy because I believe that I have mastered making pulled pork! These were great. Pulled pork can be very disappointing. Hot BBQ sauce and boiled meat is not exciting. I roasted a 4 pound boneless pork butt wrapped in foil for 5.5 hours at 325°F/163°C. The meat was perfectly cooked. I put about 1 tablespoon of Diamond kosher salt (1/2 tablespoon of table salt) on the meat. I reduced the juices and returned them to the meat. I discuss this cooking technique in my blog post Boudin Balls And Osmazome. The juices contain the chemicals that create the flavor of the meat. Boiled meat does not have a significant flavor. I used 1.5 bottles of BBQ sauce. This amount put an exciting amount of flavor in the pulled pork. People on the internet may use more sauce. Hickory BBQ is my favorite. The pickles overpowered the flavor of the sauce.
Note: 1) this bread is flavored with butter, the butter adds an exciting flavor to the bread
Here is my new bread recipe. This is great bread. I was proud because I knew that I had witnessed the creator work though my vulnerable hands when I tasted this bread (8; I knew I was important because the creator visited me (8. This is great bread! I have a new technique for making bread. Because I noticed that the dough is different based on how the liquid is added to the flour, I added the flour to the liquid. Putting all of the liquids in the mixing bowl first works well. I only have to use the dough hook when I use this technique. I am not excited when I use the dough hook when I add the liquid to the flour.
Download The Recipe:
Snap’s American Bread
I was making a simple dinner with Jacques Pépin when I realized that this may be the most exciting chili that I have eaten. This is very good. This recipe requires Chili 9000 chili powder from Penzeys. In the future, I plan on using traditional chili powder. I want to believe that the proportions for the spices in this recipe will work with any chili powder. If the results are as exciting when I use Chili 9000, I will have created a great recipe! Jacques Pépin created the original recipe that I used to make this recipe.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 6 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 2 cups yellow onions, medium dice
- 2 tablespoons garlic paste (from a garlic press)
- 3/4 cup scallions, chopped
- 2 jalapeño chili peppers, small dice
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 can (15 ounces) diced tomatoes in sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder (Penzeys Chili 9000)
- 1 tablespoon + 3/4 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 3/4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano, preferably Mexican
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 teaspoons Diamond kosher salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 quart (4 cups) water
- Thicken and add flavor with 1-2 tablespoons corn meal or maseca
- Prepare the vegetables
- Prepare the spices or seasonings
- In a pot, brown the ground turkey
- Sweat the vegetables with the turkey for about 10 minutes
- Add the spices while sweating the vegetables after about 7 minutes
- Add the beans
- Add the water
- Simmer for 30 minutes
- Put in serving bowls
- Serve after permitting the chili to cool for about 10 minutes
Download The Recipe:
1. Episode 217: Game Day Pressure,” KQED, accessed August 5, 2017, http://www.kqed.org/w/morefastfoodmyway/episode217.html.
2. Chili Con Carne Of Jacques Pépin,” Snap’s Blog, accessed August 5, 2017, https://timothysnapmassey.wordpress.com/2017/03/29/chili-con-carne-of-jacques-pepin/.
Today is a Federal holiday in America. Memorial Day is for remembering the people who died while serving in the country’s armed forces. Grocery stores suggest that people should eat hamburgers. I found the best hamburger on Facebook at the Food Network. The hamburger is from a restaurant in New York City. There is a video that gives people enough ideas for making the hamburger at home. This idea for a hamburger is the best! My recipe for French fries is in my blog post Potato Spirals And French Fries. French fries are fried twice. The trick for making French fries crispy using a saucepan is to increase the temperature about 40°F/22°C the first time because the cold fries will reduce the temperature of the oil significantly.
Ingredients For My Hamburger
- Brioche buns
- Deluxe American cheese slices
- (2) 1/4 pound patties
- Special Sauce
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, and ketchup, and 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Pickle chips made for hamburgers
The Best Hamburger With French Fries
The Best Hamburger
Download The Recipe: